This is my fav smoothie bowl...
Pineaple and Mint 'Colada' Smoothie bowl
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1/2 lemon or lime, juiced
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 1.5 cups chopped frozen ripe pineapple
- 1 small ripe frozen banana, previously peeled, sliced and frozen
- 1 large handful of organic spinach
- 1 small handful of organic kale
- 1 small handfull of fresh mint
- 2/3 cup unsweetened plain almond milk
- filtered water if you want it thiner or more liquid
- 1 Tbsp of chia seeds
My favourite toppings
- 1 Tbsp. of homemade granola (gluten-free)
- 1 small handfull of red fruits or berries
- More mint
- 1 Tsp. of maple syrup or raw honey
- Add all the smoothie ingredients to the blender, and blend thoroughly on high speed until completely creamy. If a more drinkable consistency is required try adding more water or ore almond milk.
- Blend for 1-2 minutes on high speed so everything gets very well blended together, especially the ginger.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Serve immediately with toppings suggested or any others of your preference.