Courgette Mushroom Gratin
Link to full recipe
- 6 medium courgettes, thinly sliced
- 200 gr of mushrooms, thinly sliced
For the Sauce
- 1 cup/ 230ml water
- 3/4 cup/255 gr raw cashews
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp nutricional yeast
- 1 Tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 Tsp onion powder
- 1/4 Tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Sea salt, as needed
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp fresh basil
- Start by soaking your cashews for at least 15 - 30 minutes in hot water (if boiled they will soak faster).
- Then preheat the oven to 200'C.
- Put all the ingredients for the sauce in a blender or food processor, and blend until smooth.
- Taste and adjust the salt to your liking.
- In a bowl, coat the courgettes and the mushrooms with the obtained batter from the cashews.
- Tile the veggies in a roasting tray and pour all the remaining batter over them.
- Bake for 20minutes in the oven.
- Sprinkle with your favourite toppings or herbs and serve hot as a side or as starter.